This page outlines the privacy policies of Control Technology Corp. (CTC) relating to your use of this website, effective as of 5/27/2018. Please note that the use of this site is also governed by the Legal Notices given elsewhere on the site.
Who we are
This site, located at https://controltechnologycorp.com, is owned and operated by:
Control Technology Corporation
25 South Street
Hopkinton, MA 01748 USA
We can be contacted at:
Collection of Personal Information
We may ask you for information such as your name, job title, email address and other personally-identifying information when you make certain requests on our website:
- Downloads of trial software and other restricted content. When requesting a download of software or some technical content, we require you to provide contact information which will be used for the following purposes:
- Contacting you to ensure proper use of the software and content.
- Marketing and sales followup
- Requests for information. If you request additional information via our website, we may retain your information to provide you with the requested information.
- Subscription requests. If you wish to add your name to our marketing/newsletter mailing list, we will ask you for information so we can send you the information periodically.
You may choose not to give us personal information such as your name and email address. Declining to provide this information may result in our inability to provide some services to you.
Cookie Use on our Site
- To ensure proper operation of the site. For instance, to record when you have closed a popup window so that it does not reappear.
- We use Google Analytics for the purposes of improving performance, gaining insight into the effectiveness of our advertising efforts, and planning changes and improvements to the website. In connection with this activity, code supplied by Google may place cookies on your browser for reporting and traffic regulating purposes. Further description and use of these cookies may be found at:
IP Address Logging
Our webserver maintains access and error logs associated with the operation of the site which include logging IP addresses and related page references. These logs are used to ensure proper operation of the site, to detect and react to abuse, and to provide non-identifying aggregate usage information.
If you request information via one of the forms on our site, your IP address may also be logged and associated with that request. We do this so that we may react to abuse of the site by web bots and other malicious parties.
Retention of Your Information
Our standard retention period for information as described above is 38 months from the last date of interaction with you. In certain cases, we may have to extend our retention times to fulfill legal obligations associated with order activity, the provision of software and other similar requirements.
Most cookies will have a shorter retention period, which will vary according to their function.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your Personal Rights for Your Data
You have the following rights regarding personal information you give to us.
- You can request to receive the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we modify your information to change inaccuracies or erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- You may also opt out of receiving information from us, except when that information is essential for safety, financial/legal obligations or other critical purposes.
- Persons wishing to opt out of specific communications from CTC, such as marketing e-mails or newsletters, may do so by following unsubscribe instructions in the emails sent by CTC. To opt out of all communications, contact us as indicated above.