CTC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are updated on the current policy. This policy is effective as of 2/15/2012.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information such as your name, job title, contact information including email address, demographic information such as address and postcode, preferences, interest and/or other information about you in the course of operating our websites, including:
- Registered white papers and other restricted content. Before you can view the small fraction of our site that contains restricted content, you must register on our web site, which involves entering your name, email, and other personal information.
- Requests for information that are sent from you to us via the contact form on our website.
- Subscription requests. If you wish to add your name to our newsletter mailing list, we will ask you for information so we can send you the newsletter.
- Sale of our products. If you wish to purchase a product from us, you must provide information, which may include your name, email, mailing and billing address, phone number, and credit card data. In the course of routine operations for processing your credit card, we may also receive other information about your credit card from third parties, such as reasons that a credit card has been denied.
- Additionally, we may receive system information such as your IP address and browser settings when you submit data to us via any of the above mechanisms. We may also receive anonymous information about your IP address and browser settings in web logs if you visit our site.
You may choose not to give us personal information such as your name and email address. Declining to provide this information may result in CTC’s inability to provide some services to you.
Data is stored on our servers or on a commercial web host who uses industry standard practices for data security and integrity. Passwords stored on our site are encrypted and cannot be manually read or retrieved. If requested, however, we will email your password to the address you have specified when you set up your account with us.
How We Use Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record-keeping
- To improve our products or services
- To send promotional emails about new products and special offers
Your data may be sent to a third party involved in preparing and sending you this information. Those third parties are limited to using your information to provide services designated by CTC, and they are obligated to maintain confidentiality of your data beyond the service designated by CTC. CTC does not and will not give your name to third parties to promote products not marketed by CTC.
We may also use data gathered from our registered users and anonymous visitors to make our website more useful and relevant to them. For example, we may use web log data on anonymous users to ensure that our web site is compatible with the browsers and devices most popular with our site visitors.
Control Technology Corp. reserves the right to delete your records from our files, primarily in instances where we have received data that constitute misuse of our website or data that may compromise the integrity of our databases.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
To enhance your experience with our sites, some of our web pages download small files known as cookies to your computer that store your preferences. Cookies can allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and can help eliminate repetitive tasks such as re-entering personal data. The web applications can tailor their operations to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better, more efficient and functional website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Online Sales Transactions
Due to the potential for misuse of credit card data for unauthorized purposes, CTC handles data differently for online sales of our product than for other interactions you have with our site.
- All credit card transactions are conducted using secure (SSL) technology. All personal information is encrypted during its transfer to our site.
- CTC has no personal knowledge of, physical possession of, or access to your full credit card number at any time during or after online sales transactions. All credit card numbers are held in a separate location from other data about the customer order. Credit card numbers are used solely to process financial transactions you have requested. CTC may hold the last four digits of your credit card in its databases, which are maintained in accordance with PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards for data security. This data may be used in non-secure communications such as email to provide you with confirmation of the credit card used for the transaction.
- When you place an online order with us, your credit card number will be sent directly to a third party, known as an online merchant account, who will coordinate validation of your card with other parties, such as your card’s issuing bank. Validation includes but is not limited to name/address verification, fraud checks, and ensuring that there are sufficient funds in the account to cover the purchase.
- CTC never uses or transfers information obtained about your credit card or financial status to any third parties except:
- in the course of established business procedures that pertain to processing sales transactions
- when CTC is required to do so by law. In this case, when it is legitimate and practical to do so, Control Technology will notify you before it discloses information to third parties.
- Information about your order may be used at a later time to provide customer or sales support to you.
This policy applies to online sales as and when they become available on CTC’s site.
Your Personal Rights for Your Data
To contact us to address any of your concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 508 435 9595 during CTC’s normal business hours. Do not send sensitive information such as credit card numbers via email.
You have the following rights regarding personal information you give to us.
- You may see a record of your personal data.
- You may modify your information to change inaccuracies or have it deleted altogether, except when the burden, risk or expense of doing so is disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
- You may also opt out of receiving information from us, except when that information is essential for safety, financial/legal obligations or other critical purposes.
- Persons wishing to edit their personal data may do so by logging into the website and editing their profiles, or by contacting us as indicated at the beginning of this section. If you ask us to edit your information, your data will normally be updated in no more than three business days.
- Persons wishing to opt out of specific communications from CTC, such as marketing e-mails or newsletters, may do so by following unsubscribe instructions in the emails sent by CTC. To opt out of all communications, contact us as indicated at the beginning of this section.
- You may elect to prevent your information from being transferred to third parties contracted by CTC for communication services such as newsletter emails. In this case, CTC is not responsible for any failure to send notifications to you. CTC will make reasonable effort to find alternative means of sending critical notifications to you that pertain to safety, legal or financial concerns.